1. Indulge in a Luxurious Bath (or a Quick Shower!) Before Your Session – A hot bath or a even a quick shower before your massage will help to warm and relax tense muscles – and prepare your skin for the application of the cream/oil/lotion used by your therapist.
2. Tell Your Therapist What You Want – Take a moment before your session to talk with your therapist about any specific problems or special needs you may have, and what you would like to achieve during the treatment. She will explain the different modalities available and help you select the one best suited your needs. This would also be a good time to voice your preference for things such as oil vs. cream, scented or unscented lotions, pressure preference, music selection, and room temperature.
3. What to Wear During Your Session – Some people prefer to leave their undergarments on during their session (and that’s perfectly fine!); however it’s important to know that your licensed therapist has been properly trained to drape you in a professional manner, so it is completely appropriate to fully undress for your treatment.
4. Power Down for an Hour – If the goal is to completely relax, unwind and recharge your batteries, then do yourself a favor and turn off the TV, computer and your cell phone.
5. Look Who’s Talking -There are people who enjoy chatting during their entire massage session and others who prefer to completely zone out; so the question of whether to talk (or not!) is completely up to you. Your massage therapist will always follow your lead.
6. Following Your Massage – Get up slowly and take it easy. Try not to schedule anything too demanding immediately following your session. Hydrate with a glass of water and enjoy that wonderful euphoric feeling that can only come from a massage.Massage Services at Elite Health Services are provided by CT State Licensed Therapists at our Old Greenwich location or in the privacy and comfort of your home.Â Schedule your Massage appointment today! Elite Health Services, located in Old Greenwich, (and now Westport!) CT is a world-class provider of certified functional manual physical therapy, personal fitness, golf & triathlon performance training, massage therapy and wellness related services. Our team of highly skilled and dedicated professionals take a no-excuses approach to providing exceptional care and delivering exceptional results. To learn more visit www.EliteHealthServices.