Growing up I heard the ‘save your money and get a good education’ lecture more than once, and from many different sources. While I agree that acquiring money and pursuing knowledge are essential pieces to enjoying a meaningful and rewarding life, I also believe their importance diminishes in the absence of good physical health.
So how do you make your health a priority? To start, maintaining healthy nutrition is critical. There are countless diets you can follow from Paleo to Vegetarian; and the truth is, they all work. The key is to find the one that works best for you and stick with it.
The same goes for your physical fitness. There are no bad exercises; only wrong reasons for doing certain ones. That’s where investing in a high quality personal trainer can make all the difference:
- A quality personal trainer will be certified and have advanced training in nutrition, weight-loss, strength & conditioning, functional and performance based training.
- A quality personal trainer will think differently. He will have the knowledge and experience to advance you past plateaus safely; allowing you to achieve your goals in much less time than you ever would be able to on your own.
- A quality personal trainer will provide you with sound nutritional information and coach you to make good choices. She’ll help you understand the difference between a good or bad carb. Or why sugar leads to increased abdominal fat and predisposes you to a higher incidence of increased blood sugars, high blood pressure, and cholesterol levels.
- A quality personal trainer will partner with you to create a plan that works and hold you accountable. Whether your goal is to run a marathon, remain active with your grandchildren or sleep soundly through the night, a quality personal trainer will partner with you to create a plan that works for you to increase the quality of your life.
- A quality personal trainer will know when to refer you to the appropriate resource when he doesn’t have an answer. He will understand his limitations and will have contacts in the community to best serve you.
The bottom line: don’t wait until your doctor or healthcare provider delivers a jolt and tells you that you need to start exercising. Start investing in yourself today. Begin by seeking out a personal trainer who will inspire you to be better tomorrow than you are today. You will see and feel a difference!
Request a COMPLIMENTARY CONSULT with an Elite Personal Trainer TODAY to discuss your personal fitness goals.
Founded in 2004, Elite Health Services, with locations in Old Greenwich and Westport, CT., is a world-class provider of certified functional manual physical therapy, personal fitness training and longevity related services. Over the past decade, our team of highly skilled and dedicated professionals has successfully helped thousands of elite athletes and active individuals in the tri-state area to eliminate pain and achieve outstanding results through exceptional care. To learn more about how we might help you too, please visit:www.EliteHealthServices.com