Tara Gibson, PT, DPT, CFMT, Certified Pilates Instructor
Director of Pilates & Functional Manual Physical Therapist
203-983-5748 (Old Greenwich)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Women’s and Men’s Pelvic Floor Health
- Pre/Post-Partum Care
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Faciliation
- Performance and Therapeutic Pilates
Tara Gibson, PT, DPT joined Elite Health Services in 2012, and is currently one of less than 300 physical therapists internationally to possess the respected Certified Functional Manual Therapy credential (CFMT). With a focus on musculoskeletal, neurological and complex pain conditions, Tara has advanced Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) training and specializes in women and men’s pelvic floor health. This includes pre- and post-partum care.
In addition to her role as a Functional Manual Therapist (CFMT), Tara is also Managing Partner and Director of EHS Pilates. Combining her rehabilitative knowledge and Pilates background, she creates therapeutic and performance based applications of the Pilates exercise system to safely work with clients ranging from complex pain patients to high-level athletes. She also mentors Pilates instructors to guide them in training the Pelvic Floor population and other therapeutic patients.
Tara holds a Bachelors in Fine Arts from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX and earned her Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Hunter College in New York City. She is a Certified Pilates Instructor through Romana’s Pilates (now True Pilates) in NYC.
When she’s not treating patients or managing the Pilates business, Tara enjoys time with her partner Anthony, time alone, Tai Chi, cooking, dancing, and stand-up paddle boarding.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT); Hunter College; NY, NY
- Bachelors in Fine Arts (BFA); Southern Methodist University; Dallas, TX
- Certified Functional Manual Therapist (CFMT); Institute of Physical Art; Steamboat Springs, CO
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) 9-month Intensive Training Program; Kaiser Rehabilitation Center; Vallejo, CA
- Certified Pilates Instructor, Romana’s Pilates, NY, NY
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Women’s Health Section
- Orthopedic Section